Saturday 9 June 2012

HB0 mobile

I had a few days off work and decided to pop over to Liechtenstein for a few days. I was hoping for some good conditions and some good height which would make for some interesting mobile contacts. Height wasn't a problem.....but it was dreary weather for both days with the the odd hour of sunshine chucked in.



It was the weekend of Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee so there were many UK, and commonwealth stations, with the Q prefix to be heard. I had a brief chat with several stations but the ZQ prefix was the nicest as it was a new one for me. I managed to exchange with another G station, who I can only assume was trying to escape the festivities, was portable on several islands off the coast of Brittany.

A week or so back I emailed a Tasmanian station, who I happened to hear on the way back from work one afternoon, and informed him I would be in HB0 these few days in the hope of a quick exchange....unfortunately, the weather put pay to that.

The wife, a budding photographer, enjoyed the opportunity too......


This was the view from our hotel. The river that cuts the valley is the Rhein....which also makes the boarder between Liechtenstein and Switzerland.


Vaduz castle is the palace and the official residence of the Prince of Liechtenstein.


We were just short of 1.5Km up at this location. 
Notwithstanding the disappointing radio conditions, we had a great few days and look forward to possibly returning again.

No comments:

Post a Comment